While it’s true that the world has become a global village, bringing people closer, it has also posed greater challenges. And one big challenge is that of managing traffic and transportation.
Growing population and rapid urbanisation around the world has put tremendous pressure on current transportation resources. Traffic jams, congestion, energy wastage, increasing CO2 emission causing rising pollution, rise in road accidents and mishaps are all transportation challenges that need to be managed intelligently.
Technology-based solutions are faster and more cost-effective. Rajdeep’s Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) uses Information and Communication Technology to better manage transportation infrastructure and resources. Our system is designed to gather and visualise data using monitoring sensors, optimizing centralised analytics, and distributing control.
Features and benefits of ITS:
- Ensures safety and security of road users
- Manage and handle incidents and accidents, effectively and efficiently
- Fewer traffic jams and congestions by predicting and planning abilities of system
- Conservation of energy and reduction of environmental damage
- Optimisation of transportation infrastructure capacity and resources – highly-integrated system, efficient traffic monitoring and centralized control
- Improvement in operational efficiency and reduction in travel time
- Real-time information on traffic status, weather updates and broadcasting information; real-time tracking – assures timely assistance in emergency situations
- Analytical tools to plan, analyse and appraise transportation requirements
- Traffic rule violation and congestion detection, for automatic enforcement
- Accurate and reliable information to the road user
- Low cost of ownership over extended lifetime
- Flawless transmission of live data to remote control center